24 September 2007

happy birthday janet



ode to janet...where do i start? i have a gazillion great memories of you. high school, ricks college, dating and marriage and now babies and motherhood chats. i can't believe we used to argue who was funnier. you thought i was and i knew you were. you are way funnier than me, you always had me laughing. i could seriously write a 50 page essay on how much you have influenced and inspired me. you are that friend that everyone wants and i got to be your "room roommate" for two years! lucky me. jan you are so creative, smart, fun, talented, energetic, lovable, witty and full of life. my life wouldn't be the same without you! happy happy day. love ya lady.

7 comments:

RaeLynn said...

what a cute collage. let me tell you--that halloween pic of you being Miss Baked something or other is CLASSIC. and frightening... :)

Jill Bowcutt said...

Happy Birthday to Janet! What a great friend you are Val! I think you are both stinkin hillarious.

Danalin said...

Thanks for doing this, Val! I have no idea where my pictures of Ricks are.

I second everything that Val has said about what a fabulous person you are, Janet! I am a better person for knowing and being so close to such a great woman. And Janet makes everybody feel like they are her close friend.

My favorite memory of Janet....I just sat here for a long time. There are so many to choose from. That sounds like a cop-out, but it's true. Okay, I have one. You reading us the letter about your "hormonal disorder" from Ryan. I laugh just thinking about it. Thanks for so many great memories and for staying so close, Janet! Hope your day was fabulous!!!

val said...

Miss Baked Potatoe...a last minute costume turned into quite the hit. Oh Ricks College days...

janet said...

Seriously, what a tribute! Thank you! Miss Baked Potato was a total smash.. you should bring that back this year. We had some good times.. if only we could still be roommates. I think Matt and Aaron would be okay with it, and I just know Zack and Annie were meant to be. If only we could hang out more!

I haven't even seen half of these pictures.. and since when did you start scrapbooking? Very fun to look back. I will make sure to post Ryan's hormonal disorder letter on his birthday.... it's probably coming up soon.

campblondie said...

I second Dana! Thanks for doing this. I am the world's worst at remembering birthdays! Not something I say proudly. Happy Birthday Janet! You don't look a day older then 45 :)
(By the way, don't we all just look like babies in those pictures?)

Tristie hearts Dax said...

great post, val. so many great memories it looks like you will never forget! She is a Super gal!